Walking Trees and the Second Touch
Riding in an airplane ranks among the most poignant spiritual alarm clocks in my experience. From inside Plexiglas the traveler penetrates a misty veil, enters a Tropospheric Hall where ceiling has turned to floor, feels the world double in size as the earth shrinks below. Do you see God there like I do? Awe steals over me every time.
Glory,
to him who rides the ancient skies above,
who thunders with mighty voice.
He alone stretches out the heavens
and treads on the waves of the sea.
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him.∞
Seeing it with my own eyes I'm confronted once again by my limitations. I want to know Him more, but my awareness of Him is chained to my awareness of immediate surroundings. Self-centeredness lays a boundary that contracts slowly toward the center.
If I go up to the heavens, you are there.∞
Sometimes, rarely, I remember without the plane.
∞Psalm 68:33, Job 9:8, Psalm 19:1, Psalm 103:11, and Psalm 139:8
Christine Bee Luxury Knits
1 comment:
After reading you posts, I more often than not, feel inspired to feel and to be in wonder at the myriad of words of which can be used to describe one's empirical take on life. Well done my friend. Well done...that's how I like my burgers.
PS - thanks for the reminder of our finiteness and our blessedness
Post a Comment