Too Cheap
In order to save up for a house, E and I are experimenting with frugality of all kinds.
My new favorite game is figuring out how to stretch the dumplings out of each dollar. Ask any of the friends who have to deal with me on a regular basis - once their eyes are done rolling they'll tell you I never pass up an opportunity to talk about my money-maxing schemes.
The latest scheme under construction involves the CVS Extra Care Bucks system. According to seasoned pros, using the right combinations of CVS deals with manufacturer's coupons should get me stuff I need for free, all the time. They even work out scenarios for me when I hardly have enough time to figure out all their fancy systems and code words, let alone create my own from scratch. It's nice.
So today, my day of grocery shopping, I decided to give this CVS thing a shot. I researched, double checked the figures, and then gathered my coupons. What a rush! I'm the smartest shopper ever! Before heading out to squeeze the gravy out of my pennies, I showed E my prize deal:
"Look! CVS is advertising $8 in EC bucks for this box of Just for Men hair color! I can also blah blah coupon blah! That means blah $6 blah blah $8 blah! And on top of all that, blah blah blah mail in rebate blah blah! We'll earn $14 by buying this!!" My eyes shone, glistening with dewy awe. "CVS is paying us to shop with them!"
E looked at the ad and coupon and rebate I held out to him. He gazed intently into my eyes. He cleared his throat. "Baby," he started.
"Yes love?" I gushed.
"What the heck are we going to do with a box of men's hair color?"
"."
I looked at the other deals I held in my hands: super amazing sweet deals of all kinds. For items like Children's Tylenol. And stuff that dyes your teeth blue to prove you don't brush enough. And Pert Plus shampoo. They cost 15 cents each, but we will never use them. Therefore, not deals.
I refuse to give up on the CVS game yet, because it still looks like so much fun.
So... help me out here. You got any brilliant ideas of what I could do with my box of cheap hair dye?
Christine Bee Luxury Knits
3 comments:
Use it on a canvas; something artistic needs dye, right? You should keep it for your arsenal of things to be used in art projects! Also send me those coupons I want to play the CVS game too.
Please don't give these coupons to mimi. She does not need men's hair dye. Can you use men's hair dye on women?
Good one, Mimi! And once it's absorbed into my stash of art supplies, it'll be sort of like it doesn't exist anymore.
Kristiana, as far as I know you can use men's hair dye on women. Do you know a woman who wants to dye her hair with a box? I'll buy her a box.
Post a Comment