Lost in a Thought
What happens to us, that inexplicably draws us to or repels us from our Father? He's unchanging. Like an omni-everything-good porchlight. And we're finite, fickle mosquitoes, striving in all directions, urging our bodies along a dizzying path of zigzagging curlicues.
There's no method to it.
One split-second we're booking it as deeply into the shadows as we can. The next we're spiraling headlong into a burning brilliance of glory. A few moments later and we're skirting the edges of warmth, nursing what seem to be wounds, but are more likely remnants of not-yet-surrendered pride.
What are we looking for? Why do we never seem to find it for good?
Why does my uncle walk around like a dead man, when he used to know life?
Why does one brother reject family, while another rejects church, while I cling to both, while we all just survive?
Why do I always feel right about extending a hand, only to look down and see empty, useless palms?
Why doesn't anyone touch this God-given robe and be healed?
Why is unconditional love so hard to buy?
Let us consider these things in quietness before God who sees them all. ~Elisabeth Eliot
I just left a conversation with my brother that cut me deeply, and I can't explain why. If you have any answers to these questions, you're probably Jesus. If so, please comment, because it would be cool to have a comment from Jesus. And answers.
Christine Bee Luxury Knits
No comments:
Post a Comment