Sunday, April 22, 2007

Shower

A series of vignettes
Part I

Eric's estrogen detector wailed loudly as he approached his parents' house. "I think -- I'll just -- turn around and nurse a coffee for -- a while." He slowly recoiled from the images of giddy women and pearlized gift cards he knew awaited him beyond that front door. The scents of love and nurture tenderly beckoned him to draw near, to partake of the sweet nectar known as Just Being in the Presence of Womanhood. Terrified, he fled.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

You are so creative and funny B! I had such a great time with you this weekend. (On our way out, we laughed remembering the hushed comments from your grandmas...they were awesome!) Thanks again. There is a wonderful left-over enchilada waiting in your fridge for lunch tomorrow. Enjoy! ;)

Johanna said...

How excited I am that you are back online. Blog on! Don't let the world hold you back!