Dulcinea
Today I held in my arms a baby that was this big.
Her eyelids were yellow.
Her head was red and squishy.
Her hands were covered to keep her nails from scratching her red squishy yellow face.
She squatted in my arms like a wadded up frog.
Across the hospital room, her mom lay limply delighting in the sight of a person who caused her three months of nausea, nine months of bloated back pain, eleven months of diabetes, and one hour of C-section.
Love is so unreasonable.
Christine Bee Luxury Knits
5 comments:
11 months?
someone is not writting everyday like they should.......
i agree.
who's baby was this? i relate to your sense of humor and wonder. ;)
oh, Jenni! I love that your comment is real. and I love that I'm not the only one waiting for a daily post. Getting married in less than two weeks is no excuse!
uh..er..well...maybe it IS.
Post a Comment