Friday, December 05, 2008

Delicious!

I've always been best friends with lots of books. As far back as I can remember, I fixated on the likes of the Babysitter's Club, the Little House series, and everything written by Maud Hart Lovelace, Author with the Most Inane Books but Awesomest Name. I never read a book I liked less than eight times. Choosing just one to highlight as favorite was pretty much impossible.

That's why I asked my mom. (Love that she's discovered text messaging.)

To: Mom
Fri, Dec 5, 9:05 am
--------------------
What book first comes to your mind as my childhood favorite?

From: Mom
Fri, Dec 5, 9:49 am
--------------------
A little golden book about raggedy ann and andy

To: Mom
Fri, Dec 9:51 am
--------------------
Ah, awesome! I was hoping you wouldn.t say something boring like anne of green gables

From: Mom
Fri, Dec 5, 10:28 am
--------------------
I was thinking of you as really little. Of course later on it would definitely be ann of green ghouls.

Priceless.

The book in question is "Raggedy Ann and the Cookie Snatcher".



Seeing those rows of hearts and triangles again warms the cockles of my heart. As far as I can remember, this book has got it all: mystery, cookies, and a giant dog who eats cookies.

Must. Start. Collecting. Golden Books. Now.

P.S. It's ANNE with an Eeee, Mom! ANNE with an EEEEeeee!


HORSE prompt: Cringe! Expose something about your pre-teen/teenage years that makes you embarrassed for your past self. If you share old journal entries or love letters from this period, you get bonus horse points. I'll figure out what that means later.

2 comments:

Denise said...

My fave book was Grover's Own Alphabet
http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/3/31/GroverAlphabet.jpg

and H-O-R-S-E prompt is up as well!
http://www.mixedtapesforthemaladjusted.blogspot.com/

Jenni said...

http://jenniingram.blogspot.com/2008/12/tv-shows.html
I've been bad at adding my own Horse prompts. Sorry. Just trying to keep up with the game...